[G4] garageband and audio questions

shopdog shopdog at mac.com
Sat May 28 13:40:41 PDT 2005

The 867MHz PowerBook did not come with Garageband (at one time I bought
an 867MHz PowerBook), but of course will run the newest Garageband
(comes with Tiger or you can buy iLife '05).

I have used Audacity a little.  Do not bother unless you're really
strapped for cash.  It cannot compare to the stuff you pay money for.
I would not rely on it, since compatibility updates would be
unpredictable.

I would suggest Logic since Apple will always keep it up to date with
their OS, and you get a good program for the money.  I used Cubase VST
before OS X came out, so I cannot vouch for the OS X compatible
versions.  The Mac versions of Cubase always lagged behind the PC ones
in terms of features and release times.

Just my humble opinions.

shopdog