[G4] garageband and audio questions

s* scart at sympatico.ca
Sat May 28 14:45:42 PDT 2005

The 867 did not come with Garageband.  You need to buy iLife to get it.

The internal sound cards are decent for the most part but, if you want to
record with it, I suggest getting an external card with better inputs.  You
may have notice that the input and output on your 867 are actually the same
port.  If you are looking for something affordable, I'd suggest something
like an Edirol UA-1A.  It's USB and has RCA ins and outs (Which will
definitely sound better than the 1/8" jack on your 867)

Otherwise if you can afford it, you should consider a firewire sound card.