[G4] Re: g4 sawtooth freezes

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sun May 29 02:50:51 PDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Kunga wrote:

> Before you waste your money on that ram, buy the new Mac mini as
> soon as it is announced. Not the current generation. Second
> generation Mac mini coming out next month I think. 256 on
> motherboard, empty single RAM expansion slot (1 GB sticks cost $70
> now), faster. Your sawtooth is ancient history

I personally find it hard to call spending $23 to make a perfectly
serviceable machine even better a waste.

The only reason I recently replaced my 400 MHz G4 Sawtooth with a
Powerbook was that I wanted a portable (and I got it for a great
price). Even given how inexpensive CPU upgrades are these days I
hadn't gotten one because I just couldn't justify it.

Not all of us have $500-$600 to spend whenever the mood strikes us.

Phil
--
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do
because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

- Susan B. Anthony