[G4] Dual Layer DVD Unit

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Sun May 29 14:59:53 PDT 2005

Am I missing something here? Why not just put the new drive in the second
optical drive slot, (don't all G4 Macs have 2 optical drive slots) or get a
FireWire/USB case and install it in there?

STeve
<<K,
  Thanks for all the great info.
Replacing your optical drive is not very hard.
You can cut a finger on the sheet metal though .
I think the only tool required is a philips head svrewdriver.
  But I'm pretty sure that you should take off the faceplate earlier.
   when the drive is still in your hands.
Do the paperclip trick to open the drawer and then turn it upside down
On the bottom of the faceplate should be some kind of tabs.
  Loosen those and it will just pop off.
Save the faceplate in case you upgrade again later.
I sold my 103 on ebay.
Jim >>