[G4] Dual Layer DVD Unit

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun May 29 21:09:44 PDT 2005

Yes.  But, keep in mind that, as long as you have plenty of room on your hard drive, you can copy the DVD to a temporary file and then insert a blank DVD -R and copy the temp file to it.  All with just one drive.  So, you really do not need to buy a FW enclosure to hold your existing DVD-ROM drive.  Maybe a bit more cumbersome, but you really don't need two drives (although I have two).  In any event, I would put the latest burner in my Mac.

One more thing: since you did not have a DVD burner installed, you may not have iDVD installed either.  One way to do that is to get the shareware "Pacifist" to open your install disks.  Then, find iDVD and install it.

And, remember, there is not enough room to put it where the Zip resides without performing serious surgery on the Mac.  Don't go there.

--Steve