[G4] Tiger upgrade from Panther

Steve Adams adamss99 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 30 09:05:52 PDT 2005

I had a lot of problems. First there was some previous file that
Tiger didn't like. It was Quick something. Maybe someone can remember
the name. Tiger was very slow until I removed those files.

Next, I was getting constant CUPSD errors. I had to reinstall the
print drivers.

Also there was a memory leak with Safari and Widgets. With 1.5 Gig of
memory installed, I would be down to 100 Meg free and everything was
slowing down. Safari would use 300 meg and Widgets were at 120 Meg.
The Tiger update of 10.4.1 seemed to stop the Safari leak but not the
Widgets.

I recommend running Permissions Fix right after upgrading. Then, use
Console and check your console.log and system.log for errors. Use
Activity Monitor (in Utilities Folder) to check free RAM.

Try going to http://www.apple.com/support/tiger/ for answers.

Steve Adams