[G4] Tiger upgrade from Panther

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Mon May 30 15:12:11 PDT 2005

I have had quite a few problems with my upgrade....

First install went successfully, no errors but something deep went
wrong, because after the install the computer would have a kernel
panic after each restart or shut down attempt. I had to do a replace
system folder reinstall and that fixed it...

Various retrospect problems even after their os 10.4 version update.
Had to do many work arounds to get a successful backup all issues
caused by spotlight files.

Can't watch DVD movies with the apple DVD player, probably an issue
with my ATI Radeon 8500, but it worked in 10.3 so this is another
10.4 problem

Most problems I have ever had with an OS upgrade...

Power Mac G4 500

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.