[G4] looking for telltale signs of death in a applevision (CRT) monitor

Richard ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 30 10:09:26 PDT 2005

a pleasant good morning to all...

I'm looking to confirm the telltale signs of death in
a apple monitor. Of late I've had some real problems
with both a Apple Vision 20" which I picked up about a
year or so ago and a beige 17' from a older G3 Mac
both have seen time connected to my QuickSilver 733
MHz. I'm thinking both have simply given up the fight.
There are the signs...

Both will not make picture ...their power lights are
on and showing yellow ...but no picture

Both have from time to time have flickered

Both have displayed changes in color contract from tim
to time

Both look to be dead

So now I'm down to a 13" apple monitor and after
living with a 20' I'm subject to going blind any day
now.

If my fears are correct and all is lost ...I will be
in the market for a new 17 or 20" new apple CRT based
monitor!

i was thinking about the 17 CRT which first came with
a QuickSilver, it's case is clear and I'm thinking its
called a studio display? If anyone out their has one
they want to part with and th dollar amount is within
my target range ...lets talk

rich