[G4] looking for telltale signs of death in a applevision (CRT)=>try Dell 24" LCD monitor

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Mon May 30 13:16:45 PDT 2005

Take a look at the Dell 24" Ultrasharp for US$1,000 (+/- $50).  OOPS! I just looked at the web site, and the price is now up to $1,199.  Still a bargain.  And, watch dealmac.com for announcements of Dell special bargains (I halped a friend who is darned near computer illiterate order a new computer for his accounting practice, and I noticed that the prices on Dell seemed to fluctuate even daily!  We paid $1,049 for the 24" just a month ago.).

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-4221&category_id=4058&brandid=56

The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor is a wide aspect desktop display that redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new design and advanced functionality. Watch DVDs in natural format and run multiple applications simultaneously. Improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. The 2405FPW wide aspect LCD also provides 12 ms response time to enable crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as gaming or video editing. With 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side, the 2405FPW gives users convenient access points to plug in devices such as keyboards, digital cameras, secondary hard drives and printers. Integrated 9-in-1 flash card reader allows easy access to download photos or files. It also supports advanced features such as PIP (picture in picture) and PBP (picture by picture). With 3.93 inches (100 mm) of height adjustment virtually every user can adjust the display to their exact comfort level and help reduce eye and neck strain.

Diagonal Size: 24"

Display Type: Flat Panel Display / Active Matrix TFT - Desktop

Depth: 9"

Features: 100 mm VESA Mounting, Height Adjustable Stand Included, Detachable Panel mechanism

Height: Compressed: 22", Extended: 25"

Weight: 22.1 lbs

Width: 22"

Image Max H-View Angle: ±89°

Image Max V-View Angle: ±89°

Color Support: 16.7 Million

Connectivity Technology: Cable

Device Type: Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand

Dimensions (WxDxH): 22" x 9" x 22" to 25"

Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight: 22" x 9" x 22" to 25" / 22.1 lbs

Enclosure Color: Midnight Gray

Image Aspect Ratio: 16:10

Image Brightness: 500 cd/m?(typical)

Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)

Max Resolution: 1920x1200 (WUXGA)

Max Sync Rate (V x H): 76 Hz x 81 kHz

Power Consumption Operational: 80 W (maximum)

Diagonal Size / Viewable Size: 24" / 24"

Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type: 15-pin D-sub / DVI-D / S-video / Composite / Component / 4 x USB 2.0

Compatibility: PC  [N.B., works fine with a Mac, too! --SG]