[G4] G4 crib death (kernel panic?)

Teddi Pomaika'i Stransky teddi at alohabroadband.com
Sat Nov 5 12:10:43 PST 2005

... at least it does have the words kernel and panic in the crash
report ... I wouldn't know one from a CornNut, myself.

Stats on the machine:
Darwin Kernel Version 8.3.0: Mon Oct  3 20:04:04 PDT 2005;
root:xnu-792.6.22.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC
Model: PowerMac3,1, BootROM 4.2.8f1, 1 processors, PowerPC G4  (2.1),
1 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon 9000 Pro, ATY,RV250, AGP, 128 MB

Last week reformatted both drives, rebuilt all directories, installed
10.4.3. Now whenever it is in sleep mode for more than a few minutes,
it crashes. Doesn't matter if I put it to sleep or let it nod off on
its own, except that if I put it to sleep, I get a message telling me
it crashed and I must restart, whereas if it goes to sleep on its
own, I get no message.

Any ideas?

TIA

Teddi