[G4] New to list and need parts

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Nov 8 15:03:17 PST 2005

On 11/08/05, Kristen <kriss at pobox.mtaonline.net> wrote:

>  I'm very new to Mac's and new to this list as well having signed up only a
> couple of days ago. Can I say I'm very excited about my new machine? No,
> excited doens't express my emotion well. I'm ecstatic!
>
>  I acquired a G4 450 mhz multi processor desktop with 128 meg of ram. This
> machine doesn't have a Airport card inside and I guess that's going to be my
> first upgrade. I'll retire my Linux box mother board using the 1/2 gig of
> memory to upgrade the new Mac box. It'll be a good start at least.
>
>  So I have an inquiry to the list. Where does one search for Mac parts? Such
> as the Airport card I'm missing? I'm a single Mom and used products are
> always the best options it seems. At least price wise.
>
> Thank you all for your input and support.

Welcome to Macs and the list. I have the same machine, w/two 128 GB
internal HDs, one external 200 GB FWHD, and 1.5 GB RAM. Start at
<http://www.apple.com/support/diy/>, selecting your computer (Power Mac G4
(Gigabit Ethernet)) from the drop-down menu.
Additionally, get your setting up manual at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50018>, which includes
instructions for upgrading many components.