[G4] Panther Software

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Tue Nov 8 16:44:11 PST 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Fred Thiel wrote:

> I bought a full install OS X 10.3 from WeFixMacs on eBay. The
> installation discs are labeled eMac. Their ad reads: If you have an
> early model G3 or G4, this is the software for you. Compatible w
> any Mac that has built-in USB.
>
> I intend to install this on my Quicksilver 733, 640MB machine.

They should be saying "any Mac made before the release of 10.3 that
has built-in USB" since there are machines out now that require 10.4
or a specific release of 10.3 or newer. But, since any version of OS
X 10.3 came out after your machine was made any version of it should
work just fine.

I do think that you're making a mistake going with 10.3 rather than 10.4

Phil