[G4] .avi extensions?

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 18:09:20 PST 2005

First order of business is open them in QT, then do a GET INFO on the
video.  You need to know what encoded it in order to figure out what
codec you are missing rather than guessing that it is DivX, thought
that could very well be it.  There are loads of formats out there.

Once you know what codec you need, you can try to find it.  Given
that it opens in VLC (and probably mplayer) you can always transcode
it using ffmpeg if you want to make it a QT compatible format.

jim