[G4] .avi extensions?

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 18:38:14 PST 2005

Hi James, although for me you are speaking in chinese 8^)). what is
codec and how do I use it?

On Nov 8, 2005, at 8:09 PM, James Pacyga wrote:

> First order of business is open them in QT, then do a GET INFO on
> the video.  You need to know what encoded it in order to figure out
> what codec you are missing rather than guessing that it is DivX,
> thought that could very well be it.  There are loads of formats out
> there.
>
> Once you know what codec you need, you can try to find it.  Given
> that it opens in VLC (and probably mplayer) you can always
> transcode it using ffmpeg if you want to make it a QT compatible
> format.
>
> jim

Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of
the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds,
And on the back a speckled feather binds;
So just the colours shine through ev'ry part,
That nature seems to live again in art.
                     John Gay
                         Rural Sports 1720