[G4] G4 will not accept OSX

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Nov 9 10:19:49 PST 2005

On 9 Nov, 2005, at 4:49, richard joseph wrote:

I will try the Tiger install first then 9.9.2.

Richard,

I suggest doing the OS-X installation on a freshly erased and formatted
drive. Always chose the "Extended with Journaling" or the "Extended"
format when available. If you have any necessary files on the drive,
back them up to another drive, or a CD, or even a Zip cartridge, so you
won't lose them.

If you are successful with the OS-X installation, be sure to do a
"Clean Install" of OS-9. If you try to do an "Easy Install", it may try
to erase the drive again before it installs OS-9.

Before doing anything like this, make sure that you have a list of your
installed programs and the necessary password/registration data on hand
for any needed software re-installations.