[G4] G4 will not accept OSX

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Nov 10 10:29:09 PST 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Nov 10, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Bob Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can you install os 9 after installing os X? I have tried to boot
> my G4
> AGP with the os 9.1 disk and it will not boot when holding down the
> "c" key.
> All I get is the flashing disk icon with the question mark.  I have os
> 10.4.3 installed and running fine. But I need to upgrade my firmware
> so that
> I can install my G4 upgrade card. The firmware update only runs in os
> 9. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Place the CD in the drive and then go to the System Preferences menu
and select "Startup Disk" Once the operating system has worked it way
through all of the disk and located all of the system files that are
available they will be displayed. Then choose the disk that you want as
a start-up.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb