[G4] Partitioning Software

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 11 14:27:16 PST 2005

On 11-11-2005 15:59, Fabian Fang, ftf at mac.com, wrote:

> OWC sells DriveGenius for $65:
> <http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Prosoft%20Engineering/23100/>
>
> I have used it for repartitioning drives with no problems.

But a new 120 GB HD costs the same now!! And has ae the following benefits:
1) You have a spare/back-up HD, which you can partition "fresh" in a way you
    want. Still the best way of partitioning.
2) Much more sure and saver way. Just clone and/or copy your stuff from the
    "old" HD to your chosen partitions on the new HD.
3) You will avoid the bs I had with part.-sw and I read/heard about. Lucky
    you!!
4) Check the new HD. All OK?? No? Means work but you still have your
    original stuff!! What happens in this case using a part.-sw?? Big
    Troubles!!!! All OK?? Yes? The best job done!!
5) And all these for the same price as "a" part.sw-package with a "dubious"
    fame.

IMHO: The choice is clear.

JO Hissel