[G4] Hard Drive special (was: Partitioning Software)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 12 11:46:29 PST 2005

On 11/12/05, you wrote:

> At 2:18 AM -0800 11/12/05, Aaron wrote:
>>Can Serial ATA drives be connected to the same ATA buses that the more
>>traditional (I think!) Parallel ATA drives connect to?
>
> No.
>
>>What adapters are necessary?
>
> You need a SATA card.  Costs about $50 for a mac.  Also, SATA cable and
>power supply connector adaptor (for those drives that do not have two
>types of poser supply inputs).

Wrong. They'll work; however, you'll only see 128 GB if your computer
doesn't support 48-bit LBA. I have two 200 GB SATAs internal on my G4
Gigabit and only can see 128 GB. However, the price was right and my former
30 GB HDs were becoming flaky. See
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86178> for details.