[G4] Memory

kriss kriss at pobox.mtaonline.net
Sat Nov 12 13:18:53 PST 2005

I am new to Mac's, and to this list as well so perhaps what I suggest might
not be quite true. I understand from conversations with another Mac owner
that your memory needs to be DIMM's as low density memory works best in
Mac's. PC100's are used in Macs and PCs as well. For that matter, if a Mac
follows PC's architecture you could even run PC133 memory instead of PC100.
Just nothing designed for slower busses like the PC66 memory as an example.

If this is wrong, someone mention it please!

Kris

PS. I do rememeber reading somewhere that the Mac is unique in that it will
also utilize the memory found on your Video card for processing. I wish I
could remember where that was now.