[G4] Head Hunting, How Many?

Fred Thiel fthiel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 16:36:49 PST 2005

I removed my 40 GB HD from my Quicksilver 733 a long time ago and
tried to install it in my old Performa 6300. I was entirely ignorant
of the fact that older Macs could not boot from large HDs. My Grape
iMac had to have the boot partition around 7 GB to work. The
Performa, I believe, can only work from around a 4 or 5. While
fiddling with the hard drive, I tried every combination of jumper
settings to try to get it to work. Of course, I didn't write the
original configuration down and have no solid idea which one to use.
The two likeliest ones are the fifteen head and sixteen head master
settings. Could someone please tell me which jumper setting to use. I
am going to install it in a Blueberry iMac to give to my nephew and
I'd like to use it instead of letting it sit around and collect dust.

Thanks
Fred