[G4] G4 DVD Drive

BROADWAY33 at aol.com BROADWAY33 at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 17:08:21 PST 2005

List,
Help.......I have been reading reviews on the Pioneer 110D DVD burner, many
of them state they had trouble with the drive early on.   They have good things
to say about Newegg....but pan the product.

Of the 44 reviews about 20% were negative...saying the drive broke or
wouldn't perform to specs etc.... i don't know if they were MAC or Windows
users....but if Pioneer is the Brand to buy........do they have an upscale drive that
may perform better...?   or should I look to another
manufacturer.....Lite-on...?

PS the $$$ of $40.00   is inviting...but better to not have the headaches of
all the glitches etc....Thanks for your help in advance....    Kevin