[G4] Disk First Aid, Diskwarrior Compatibility with OS 10.2.8

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 24 14:56:22 PST 2005

Hi -

I started out with 10.1.x (don't quite remember which subversion) and
of course have a Disk First Aid that came with the computer. Now it is
on Jaguar - 10.2.8. I also have Diskwarrior 2.1.1 and have not used it
lately (bad girl). A friend had a power outage and a big file
disappeared, so obviously I need to update my stuff and he needs to
update his stuff. He's also on Jaguar so our needs ought to be similar,
except he is using an iMac and I have a 733mhz tower.

1. Will Disk First Aid work on later systems or should one upgrade this
somehow?
2. Should I upgrade the Diskwarrior to version 3.1 or 3.3 or should I
buy a new version altogether? The new version would seem to be bootable
and that would be nice.
3. Any opinions on which utility/utilities/combination are better to
have on board? (Norton, Techtool Pro, etc.) I plan to keep up with
maintenance better from now on.

I have already slapped my friend with a wet noodle about not having a
backup setup or a UPS.

Many thanks!

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design