[G4] slowdown

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Tue Nov 29 10:44:27 PST 2005

Yes, indeed.  Applejack is great.

I also noticed a huge speed bump in updating from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3.  But, I also ran applejack after updating.  So, applejack might have been the source of the improvement as much as 10.4.3.

As far as av software is concerned, I use the free ClamX AV.  Works find, and in its furst scan, it found several e-mails in my Eudora archive that contained Windoze viruses.  Norton does not look for non-Mac viruses, and Norton wanted mucho bucks to renew the subscription.  By-bye, Norton.

A good place to look for software is Versiontracker.com.

--Steve