[G4] 802.11g through USB?

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Nov 30 12:05:46 PST 2005

Josh,

One is in the UK, and the other is in the US.  That might make a difference, depending on where YOU are.  Also, the UK one needs a USB 2.0 port.  Do you have one, or are you still on USB 1.1 (which I suspect you are)?  If so, then the one in the US would be the right one for you.

But, if you have an open (empty) PCI slot inside your Mac, I really recommend the Sonnet Aria Extreme PCI adapter.  Here is some comparison shopping:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=1551294/search=sonnet+aria+extreme/skd=1

I have the PCMCIA version for my TiBook, and it rocks!  The Apple Airport card that is in the TiBook no longer worked with my Linksys wireless router, and all I had to do was to slip this card in the PC slot of my laptop, and it was working at 802.11g speeds.  If you can afford the extra cost, then I believe that this would be a more robust solution for you.

--Steve