[G4] 802.11g through USB?

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Wed Nov 30 12:35:51 PST 2005

Also without out USB 2.0 ports the High speed (54 Mbits per second)
Airport Extreme speeds  would not be possible with either of the usb
adapters, without a usb 2.0 port, which is not on the G4 MDD . So
your only options for hight speed wireless is a PCI card upgrade
option of some kind...

In-other words:

USB 54G wireless adapter on usb 1.1 port speed   about =  regular
Airport card speed (11 Mbits per sec)

PCI  USB 2.0 card + USB 54G wireless adapter about = Airport Extreme

PCI wireless card  = Airport Extreme

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.