[G4] Help ...Initializing a HD

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 17:04:11 PDT 2005

I was trying to re-format a HD that has Mac format into a PC format.
I remember that it could be done with the Disk Utility in the
installer CD, but now it only has the capability to do Mac or Unix,
the PC option has disappeared.  The HD is on a firewire enclosure and
I tried with the disks on 10.4 and 10.3 , when I tried to do it with
the installer of 9.2 it showed as an unsupported disk so the
initializing was not permitted.

Any ideas, short of putting the HD physically in the computer and
then using OS 9?

Thanks

Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of
the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds,
And on the back a speckled feather binds;
So just the colours shine through ev'ry part,
That nature seems to live again in art.
                     John Gay
                         Rural Sports 1720