[G4] Firefox problems.

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 19:04:37 PDT 2005

I am having a problem trying to update  Firefox version 0.8 with the
newest version. When I tried to copy the new one to the Applications
folder, I get the following :

"The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient
privileges for some of the items"

I allready repaired permissions and also opened the "info window" of
Firefox to get myself the permission but still get the same dialog.

What should I do in order to update?  I don't want to just replace
one version with another by thrashing the old one since I will lose
my bookmarks. (I tried it and  that happened, so I retrieved the old
version from the thrash)

Any help will be appreciated.

Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of
the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds,
And on the back a speckled feather binds;
So just the colours shine through ev'ry part,
That nature seems to live again in art.
                     John Gay
                         Rural Sports 1720