[G4] Firefox problems.

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Oct 11 19:28:06 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Oct 11, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Hector I. Macedo wrote:

> I am having a problem trying to update  Firefox version 0.8 with the
> newest version. When I tried to copy the new one to the Applications
> folder, I get the following :
>
> "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient
> privileges for some of the items"
>
> I allready repaired permissions and also opened the "info window" of
> Firefox to get myself the permission but still get the same dialog.
>
> What should I do in order to update?  I don't want to just replace one
> version with another by thrashing the old one since I will lose my
> bookmarks. (I tried it and  that happened, so I retrieved the old
> version from the thrash)
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>

> Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of the
> Flies"
> Dallas, TX 75248

Hector,

You should visit the FireFox WEB page
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and download the latest
release 1.0.7 and try loading that version.

Release 0.8 was a Beta and is no longer supported.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb