[G4] No power with door closed - Was: Power supply woes

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Thu Oct 13 08:01:47 PDT 2005

Hello,

First, let me thank everyone who has been so kind to give me information
with these issues I'm having. I feel like I'm almost out of the woods,
but now I have a new issue.

I received a new power supply, and followed the instructions everyone
gave me: I powered it up alone, then began adding components one at a
time. It worked everytime until I got everything hooked back up. (I have
4 HDs, the built-in DVD, and two graphics cards inside.)

Thing is, this worked everytime with the access panel open. Now, if the
access panel is closed, the power light lights up and fades with nothing
happening (same thing it does if the machine is unplugged). I've checked
all connections to be sure they're secure and double checked all cable
routing for pinches and pulls but I can't see anything. I'm afraid
there's something shorting, so it's all shut down again.

Does this sound like anything common to anyone?

Thanks again,
--jim