[G4] Power supply woes

Udo Zumdick screams at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 06:09:21 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I don't know much about fuses, but my experience in the past is:

Although here are fuses of many different kind of types on the market,
but the only two things which really matters are the structural shape
(length/height/glas a.s.on), the ampere (8 A in this case) and if it is
slow or fast blown type.
The important things are, of course :-), the shape and amperes. I you
are unsure, use a fast blown fuse,

The specs of the type uses in your Mac can be found here:
http://dainfuse.com/51s.html
Maybe the could be useful.

BTW: Fuses do growing older and reach a point, where they just break
down. So it has not be an hardware error in every case.

Hope this was helpful a little :-) (if anyone understands my english....)

Greetings from good old germany,

Udo