[G4] Trying to backup

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 21 15:49:35 PDT 2005

Wilton, open Retrospect ExpressX as you did before. At the main
window select the "Backup" button. Then select the Destinaion Button.
You will then see a window asking which Backup Set you want to use.
Select "New". That will bring you to a window titled "Backup Set
Creation". Set the file type selection from "Removable Disk" to
"File". The next window will ask you where you want to save that
file. Select your external hard drive, and that should do it.

I found that if you backed out of the program at that stage, it will
still be set to "File" the next time.

Good Luck.

Mike

>Hello, I seem to have fowled up my backup system on my external hd.
>I had some trouble so I erased my external hd and attemted to start
>over using the Retrospect Express software that came with the hd. I
>mounted the disk on my desktop{the icon shows up on my window}.
>Now, the backup system scans my internal hd and then says"No
>removable media found.
>Removable cartridge such as Zip,Jaz, SuperDisk.DVD-RAM or MO must be
>mounted on the desktop to be used with Retrospect Express."
>What am I doing wrong?
>I have an e-Mac using OS 10.4.2.
>Thanks
>
>Wilton
>
>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Almost never pointless.