[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Tom Lawson tommylaws1 at cox.net
Sun Oct 23 09:28:21 PDT 2005

Frank:
A suggestion. I have a Sawtooth G4 and had no display, so was looking to buy
an Apple display. Instead, I found a coupon for $300 off on Ebay (for
.99cents) and got a new Dell 24" display for $803.00 Popular Computing rated
this display #5 out of the top 100 inventions for 2005. It is truly awesome
and uses the video card that was in the AGP G-4, with 1920x1200 resolution.
I am very happy with this display so, in case you are stuck with a high
repair bill for a 17 or 20" monitor, may I suggest you consider the Dell 24"
monitor.
Tom Lawosn

On 10/22/05 2:12 PM, "g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
<g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Frank Sudore wrote:
>>

>>> Have a 17 & 20" old style Cinema Displays. The screens are great,
>>> but the upper bulb has gone in both. Apple wants 500 to fix. (I
>>> can buy a new one for 799) Anybody ever replace these and know
>>> where to source?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Frank