[G4] HP Laserjet 4M with Tiger on a Mini

Ken Fry kenfry at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 23 11:08:33 PDT 2005

Greetings,
     I cannot seem to get my computer to recognise a HP laserjet 4M.
I am running Mac OS X 10.4.2 on a Mac Mini. I have a Farallon iPrint
to convert the Appletalk connection at the printer to ethernet at the
mini. When I use print and fax system preference to add a printer it
cannot find the driver and when I select "more printers" to search
for printers I choose appletalk network and it still cannot find the
printer. Is there any other setting(s) I should use? I have checked
the PPD folder and there is a laserjet 4 driver. I am at a loss. I
had used the printer with a G4 Quicksilver running Jaguar (10.2.6)
but cannot get 10.4.2 to recognise it on the mini. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ken Fry