[G4] Beige G3 OS X Freezing

William Wiseman elox at fastermac.net
Mon Oct 24 07:03:30 PDT 2005

I'm running about the same system, except I'm using XPostFacto and
10.3. My G3 has 768MB RAM, 8GB SCSI drive for the system, and an 80GB
for everything else. I have an Orange Micro USB card, generic
Firewire card, and a Belkin wireless card installed, alond with a
Daystar G4/433 upgrade. This is used only as a print & file server.

I had some freeze problems with 10.2 but none under 10.3. I never did
completely resolve the problems. But one thing that did help was to
set the G3 NOT to sleep or auto-shutdown. About 1/2 the time it froze
rather than slept.

  I remote control the G3 with VNC, using Chicken of the VNCon my
mini and iBook and OSXvnc on the G3.

JeffW.