[G4] Beige G3 OS X Freezing

s* scart at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 24 06:37:26 PDT 2005

Thanks for the advice.  I am definitely going to try to get my hands on some
more RAM.

So far in my G3 I have an 80 gig drive in there right now partioned into
two.  7gb's for the system drive and the rest for files.  I have a
Villagetronic 8mb PCI video card in it, a Firewire card and a USB card in
it.  I have had it running Jaguar for over a year now but, I notice that
every so often (usually after no one has touched it for about an hour or so)
that the screen will lock up.  I have resently reformatted and reinstalled
OS X on it.  I used to use a USB mouse but, I notice that it would just stop
working after a while so, I went back to the serial mouse.  I am only using
it as a server for my girlfriend and myself.  I'd like to resolve this
freezing problem if I can.  I'd also like to find out, if there is a way to
boot a G3 without a monitor and still be able to control it remotely?  Being
able to put this big beast somewhere and not have a monitor hooked up to it
all the time would be nice.

-s*