[G4] HP Laserjet 4M and Mini: New Problem

Ken Fry kenfry at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 24 20:11:23 PDT 2005

Greetings,
     I figured out how to get my mini to talk to the lasejet 4M. The
trick is not to use Appletalk in the network settings but to use
ethernet (I am using a Farallon iPrint Appletalk to ethernet adapter,
so that was an obvious mistake on my part). Now here is the next
problem. I can either be connected to the internet via Airport or
connected to the printer via ethernet but not both simultaneously.
This means I cannot print from the web without downloading the page,
changing network settings and then printing. Any suggestions on
network settings or work-arounds? If I get a JetDirect ethernet card
I will have the same problem so I will be sticking with the iPrint
for now. Once again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I
have a sneaky suspicion there will be another obvious solution.

Thanks,
Ken