[G4] External HD Formatting Question

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 24 21:57:40 PDT 2005

On 25/10/2005 2:11 PM, "Harry Freeman" <harry at gifutiger.com> wrote:
> The latest disk format that is used by Microsoft isn't FAT32, they now
> have FAT, HPFS, and NTFS File System and if you would like a detailed
> description of their madness look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100108/
>
> You might want to consider using their latest which I think is NTFS.

Harry, for my information, is OS X able to utilise disks formatted in each
of these newer Windows formats including NTFS, and how do they compare with
using Mac journaled, ie is there a speed reduction?

BTW I am about to make another post separately on my problem with Word, I
would appreciate your expert thoughts on that issue.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art