[G4] External HD Formatting Question

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Oct 25 01:19:52 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> On 25/10/2005 2:11 PM, "Harry Freeman" <harry at gifutiger.com> wrote:
>> The latest disk format that is used by Microsoft isn't FAT32, they now
>> have FAT, HPFS, and NTFS File System and if you would like a detailed
>> description of their madness look at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100108/
>>
>> You might want to consider using their latest which I think is NTFS.
>
> Harry, for my information, is OS X able to utilise disks formatted in
> each
> of these newer Windows formats including NTFS, and how do they compare
> with
> using Mac journaled, ie is there a speed reduction?
>
> BTW I am about to make another post separately on my problem with
> Word, I
> would appreciate your expert thoughts on that issue.
>
> Tony
> http://www.tonyjohansen.com
> A Life Of Art

Tony you got me there, I don't have a PeeCee I only use a Mac, well
that's not true, I have one of the original IBM Portables (Luggables it
weights about 30 lbs. with a 4.7 MHz Intel 8080 processor) and has DOS
3.0.2 as an operating system. It's in the garage gathering dust.

However I'm sure that another member of this form will have an answer.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb