[G4] New Pioneer DVR 109 install issue?

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 13:29:05 PDT 2005

Ron,
Check to be sure that the upper drive is connected as a master to the
optical drive ATA cable. Apple tends to be creative with the master
setting. For example in firewire boot mode it only loads from the
master hard drive and ignores the slave drive altogether. So I am
assuming that if you might have plugged the master end into the lower
drive that might be causing the problem of why it is ejecting the
lower drive and not the top one. Since most G4 systems are set up
with the master end going to the top primary optical drive.  Check
that out and see if this help

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.

On Aug 31, 2005, at 1:21 AM, Ron Michael wrote:

> I just installed my new Pioneer DVR-109 in the lower optical drive
> of my Mac G4 1.25mhz Mirror Door. It replaced a Pioneer DVR-106.
> The new one works fine however the "eject" button now controls the
> lower optical drive; not the upper. And my upper optical drive will
> not open at all. I didn't change any jumpers or anything since I
> was replacing basically the same drive. Any idea what could be
> going on? I'd like to have it back like it was. "Eject" controlling
> the top drive; Menu Bar icon controlling the bottom. By the way,
> the Menu Bar Icon also won't let me open the upper drive.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Ron in Memphis

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.