[G4] getting a Laserwriter Pro 600 to work...

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Mon Sep 5 20:02:23 PDT 2005

The LaserWriter Pro 600 is a standalone laser printer, and uses the old serial port to connect to the (old) CPU. The 630 has the AAUI connector that connects to a transceiver with an ethernet port.  To the best of my knowledge the LW Pro 600 model is not networkable.  I use a LW 16/600 which also uses the AAUI port and transceiver to connect to my network.  On the bright side, the prices of new Mac-compatible laser printers are fabulously low.

Nate