[G4] getting a Laserwriter Pro 600 to work...

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Sep 5 21:34:29 PDT 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 8:02 PM, nagable at comcast.net wrote:

> The LaserWriter Pro 600 is a standalone laser printer, and uses the
> old serial port to connect to the (old) CPU. The 630 has the AAUI
> connector that connects to a transceiver with an ethernet port.  To
> the best of my knowledge the LW Pro 600 model is not networkable.  I
> use a LW 16/600 which also uses the AAUI port and transceiver to
> connect to my network.  On the bright side, the prices of new
> Mac-compatible laser printers are fabulously low.
>
> Nate
>

>> Frank,
>>
>> I have and use a Pro 630.  Do you know how the 630 compares to the
>> 600?
>>
>> My 630 works great.  Do you have a network connector on your printer?
>>

>> rich
>>

>> On Sep 4, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Frank haddock wrote:
>>
>>> Can anybory help me with this?
>>>
>>> I have a Laserwriter Pro 600 and I'd like to get it working with my
>>> old G4
>>> (400mghz) is there any way this can be done or am I better off
>>> getting a
>>> new laser printer?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> frank

Yeah, but the low cost Mac-compatible laser printers and not postscript
printers. The LaserWriter Pro 600 a postscript with around 36 fonts in
ROM.
All in all the LaserWriter Pro 600 is a great printer if it isn't
having old-age problems.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb