[G4] Safari/Java help

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 7 05:17:51 PDT 2005

On 7/9/2005 9:14 PM, "Frank Sudore" <fsudore at mac.com> wrote:

>> I do have the latest version of Java. I would like to do a test to
>> see if  it is something I may be doing.
> Are there any sites that anybody knows of that do not work with safari?
> I'd like to see if the results are the same.

It's not just java. There are various extensions that are not available on
Safari or Opera, yet occur on IE, Netscape and Firefox.

Example: TypePad.com  (Blogging service) When making a post in Safari (or
Opera) the only tools available are 'insert image' and 'insert file'.

In the other browsers available tools: 'text size', 'bold', 'italic',
'underline', strikethrough', 'font colours', 'insert links',  'insert e-mail
forwarding', 'start quotation indent', 'end quotation indent', ' dot point
list', 'numbered list', 'insert image', 'insert file'.

That is a huge difference. Those tools are necessary for serious webpages.
In addition to the above extensions, Netscape has a fabulous WYSIWYG editor
built into the browser, called Composer.

I have 16 blogs and 4 websites. It is frustrating that Safari can't cut the
mustard as a serious web working browser, and I am forced to use the ugly
but practical Netscape, as I love Safari for everything else.

Well not quite everything. My bank won't accept it, which again is annoying.

Tony.