[G4] anti-virus and anti-spyware program.

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 9 16:39:31 PDT 2005

On 10/9/2005 6:32 AM, "james grant tyner" <jgtt at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Greetings to all.
> I'm hoping members of this list will recommend anti-virus and
> anti-spyware programs.
> I found that the Consumer Reports(Sept-05) ratings for such programs
> were for PC's with the exception of Symantec and McAfee .
> So the question is : are there preferences regarding these products,
> or,are there other programs  preferred for the Mac ? (G4-10.3.9)
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
> Jim Tyner

Having gone through this recently, this is what I learned. Do not under any
circumstances use Norton, Intego Virus Barrier is the best for Mac OS X, but
you don't have to get too worried as there are effectively no Mac viruses
out there to infect your machine despite what Norton says in their self
interest.

Tony