[G4] Firdge Vs. Mac

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 15:29:29 PDT 2005

     I have a Mac that I have been rebuilding for about a week.  The
first time I plugged it in, the power supply blew.  After replacing
it, I was able to get it up and running again for a couple of days.
When I tried to boot it up yesterday, however, it was dead.  No
chime, no lights, no fans, nothing.  I tried 3 different power
supplies, but none of them solved the problem.  I checked and re-
checked every connector on the mother board and the memory etc.
everything looks fine.  I don't know what killed it, but I am
beginning to suspect it has something to do with the fact that it is
on the same electrical circuit as a refrigerator and a freezer.  Is
there any known issues running a computer on the same line as a
fridge?  My nieces PC also failed to boot after a recent power
outage.  When I looked at it, I noticed that she had a mini fridge
plugged in to the same outlet.  Shouldn't a surge protector prevent
any problems resulting from other devices on the same line?

Thanks,

Kevin