[G4] Mac "MT Newswatcher" error msg.

GDB-MDD-X.4.6 dougburton at vevayindiana.net
Sat Apr 15 07:07:47 PDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

> Hello all! I recently tried to run my MT Newswatcher program and
> was receiving the error message below. I contacted my cable
> provider (Time Warner) and they were unable to resolve the problem.
> This program was working fine until last night! My OS is on version
> 10.4.6 and I dont believe that the recent update has anything to do
> with the problem. My internet connection via Road Runner is normal.
>

> Heres the MT error message!
> ---------------
> An error occurred when NewsWatcher tried to connect to your news
> server.
>
> The server sent the following error message:
> 502 Permission Denied - Road Runner Usenet Service -- Unauthorized
> host (Twister v2.0.5.233)
>
> Server errors do not usually mean that there is anything wrong with
> NewsWatcher. The author of NewsWatcher cannot fix your server for
> you. Only your local administrator can do this. Please report
> server errors which you do not understand to your administrator,
> not to the author of NewsWatcher.
>
> Thanks for your input!
>
> Tom

It's pretty safe to say the problem is with your ISP.  Since I got on
broadband (Adelphia), I've gotten messages similar to this every now
and then.  Of course they never admit the problem is on their end,
but usually the problem is fixed once enough people complain.  In the
meantime, I believe there are public access news servers you can use
until the problem is fixed.  Might try to google for those.

Just a message from Doug...