[G4] DVD Media

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 18 17:58:00 PDT 2006

On 19-04-2006 01:16, GDB-MDD-X.4.6, dougburton at vevayindiana.net, wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Jo.  Actually the Ritek/Ridata I was using could
> be considered a 'no brand' I suppose, and I had no problem with
> them.  I just hate the thought of wasting 90 DVD's if I can burn them
> at a lower speed and have them work okay.

Hey Doug, that's why we are OnList I believe!
The Ritek/Ridata I never met on our local "markets" (The Netherlands,
Belgium, Germany).
The trick with the "No Brand" is quite simple. You just have to find out
which "brand" or "no-brand" the profis in your area are using. Let's give a
clear example:
One of my best friends is a prof. video-editor. ASA the job has finished he
will burn to CD or DVD. The disks he has to use to do this job must be of a
quality thats allows his principals to produce factory-pressed CD/DVD's.
No coasters allowed!!! Well these CD/DVD's I'm using too. In Amsterdam we
have 3 stores selling these prof. "no-brands". Asking the shop-owners for
real brand-names will produce a big smile and the question "Any complains
concerning our disks??". I must say: "No!!".

HTH,

Jo Hisse l