[G4] G4 Airport Assistant...

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 26 19:44:25 PDT 2006

Hello all,
    I recently purchased a 12" G4 ibook that has airport internally. My
wife who uses the computer at her job (a residence) where her boss said
that she could connect to his wireless settup. Never having done this
myself, how would I tell her to proceed (Her boss uses a wintype PC?
What information does she need from her employer to make the
"connection"? Is there a "password" he needs to give her to access the
wireless connection? Her job is midnight to 8 AM and having access to
the internet would allow her to communicate with a friend in Norway! Ive
heard there are certain "zones" in Rochester NY (where I live) that have
free wireless connections (again I dont know whats involved in making
these connections. I would tell her to boot the "Airport Assistant"
application and follow the directions (whatever they would be). Is there
a "connection" procedure as well as a proper way to "disconnect" from
these devices? Don't know and thats why Im asking! Thanks in advance to
all who respond!

Tom