[G4] Adding memory to a G4 PCI.

Jono Carnie jono.carnie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 03:31:12 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I've just added new memory to my G4 (PCI graphics) machine, two sticks of
256mb pc133.
The profiler shows it incorrectly as two sticks of 128mb.

I remember reading somewhere about a firmware upgrade that may fix this, but
can't seem to find this info??

Can someone 1) tell me if this is true?   2) point me in the direction of
the firmware suitable for a G4 PCI graphics??

All the links I've managed to google so far,
this<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120171#English>
and  this <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86117>
Seem to suggest I don't need an update...  it's very confusing...

The reported boot rom version in the profiler is 1.1.2f2

In openfirmware it is;
Apple PowerMac 1,2 1.2f2 built on 08/19/99 at 21:36:38

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jono