[G4] DVR111D

Peter Birren peter at birrendesign.com
Thu Dec 14 13:07:56 PST 2006

From: Richard Meyeroff

> Peter I haven't tried to burn anything to the 111D because I still
> need to clear the face plate.
>
> But I am running Tiger.8 so I don't expect any problems

Here's something to try: open the burner door with a fingernail on the door
top. It's kept in place by a hinge in the lower corners and a spring holds
it closed. You should be able to see the tray's edges. If they aren't clear,
then I'd suspect some mistake in installation like the bottom 4 screws not
fully seated (?) or the front screws not in place.

Another minor detail I noticed: the original unit had a tiny piece of
self-adhesive plastic/nylon attached to the 'open' button as a wear
preventer. I peeled it off the original and placed it on the new one - after
the computer was shut off so the tray wouldn't open.

- Peter