[G4] G4 mirror door POS OSX 10.3

chip puller chippuller at msn.com
Fri Dec 15 13:48:18 PST 2006

I am trying to repair a dual processor 867 mhz mirror door G4. It gets
kernel panic even when booting from an OSX-DVD which I find, makes it
difficult discovering the problem. Kernel panic happenes for no reason and I
have zapped the pram, reformatted the HD, Replace the HD and installed new
osx 10.3.  Last night I even downloaded and installed the boot rom software
upgrade. The boot rom was 4.4.8f2 and I erased it and reinstalled the
software. The computer rebooted and ran for about 2 minutes and KERNEL
PANIC....   I took all of the ram out of the sockets and tried 1 stick in
all 4 sockets and reseated the CPU daughterboard. This G4 is the first one I
have not been able to fix and that bugs me to no end.
  any ideas ?
    Al